Covid-19 Maker Protocol
Knots of Love continues to monitor Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments closely.
Our number one priority is the health and well-being of our recipients and volunteers during these challenging times. Our Covid-19 safety protocol (both our In-Office protocol and our Maker Protocol) has been applauded by hospitals across the country. We understand that the protocol we set forth is a bit more work for you/our makers. However, we know you understand how important it is to keep the patients we serve safe and to keep everyone who comes into contact with our gifts of love safe and healthy. We thank you for your understanding during these challenging times.
Knots of Love Covid-19 Maker Safety Protocol:
To protect the health and well-being of our cap recipients, in addition to the In-Office Protocol we instituted, we have a few guidelines for people making Knots of Love beanies and blankets:
1. All makers are required to wash, dry, and bag their creations before sending them to us.
2. Indicate on the submission form that you followed this protocol.
Thank you, everyone, for your love, support, and understanding. Cancer patients, families, doctors, and nurses appreciate you!!!
~Christine Fabiani, Founder and Executive Director
❤️ to ❤️
Beanie and Blanket Guidelines
• Thin, seamless, non-lumpy beanies are best for increased comfort and use at night when sleeping.
• Please no see-through caps. (Patients don’t like to see their bald heads through the caps.)
• Must be made with yarns from our guidelines/approved yarn list: Required + Approved Yarn List
• Yarn must be fragrance-free, smoke-free, dander and pet hair-free.
• Wash, dry, and bag your creations before sending them to us. One bag or box is sufficient for all your gifts of love.
• Be sure all your ends are tied in well and not showing.
• Must follow current Covid-19 Maker Protocol (listed on this page).Please note:• We do not accept preemie and infant hats because hospitals tell us they are inundated with them.
• We no longer accept LOOMED hats due to the inconsistency of patterns and quality. Please contact us if you have special circumstances and would like to make beanies using the loom.
Thank you! 😊
Beanies: Head Size Chart
Please use this chart to determine what size cap you would like to make.
The height noted is the total height of the hat including the brim.
Size Circumference Height
Small 18-20 in. 6.5-7 in.
Medium 20-22 in. 7-8 in.
Large 22-24.5 in. 8-10 in.
Tiny NICU Blankets
Knots of Love for Baby Neonatal Blankets: Any soft, cozy, lightweight yarn can be used for Neonatal Blankets. Size 18″ x 24″
We recommend using any of the yarns on our Required Yarn List
for beanies when making your NICU blankets. Please remember, these blankets are laid over tiny preemie babies that often weigh as little as 1lb. We want our blankets to become a family treasure. Because after all, they are wrapping their angel 👼 in your blanket.
Required + Approved Yarn
Please make sure to use yarn from our tested and yarn list when making Knots of Love and Neonatal Intensive Care Blankets. All our yarns have been tested by people undergoing cancer treatment and families of fragile tiny lives. All yarns have been deemed soft enough for the extremely sensitive and often blistered bald heads of cancer patients and Mom and Dad's who swaddle their newborns.
👉 Required & Approved Yarn List
Note: Some of the yarns on the list have been discontinued, however they can still be found on-line or in some retail stores, depending on where you live.
Helpful Tips & Resources
See our helpful tips for knit and crochet makers
. Great for all skill levels.
There are many patterns available for free here on our web site
, but you can use any pattern of your choice. We look forward to seeing your creations!
🕒 Ready to send your creations? 🕒
When your handmade creations meet the Knots of Love criteria listed at the top of this page,
the shipping information and forms you need 👉 can be found here.
Questions asked and answered:Q:
Does each item have to be bagged individually?
No, Each item does not need to be bagged individually. One bag after you
wash and dry your gifts of love is sufficient.
What do you mean we bag them?
After you wash and dry (make sure they are completely dry after they cool) your creations,
place them in a small trash bag, ziplock bag, or a simple plastic bag with a tie. (We recycle bags!)
Can the submission slips be enclosed with the newly washed and sealed items
or do they need to be taped to the outside of the bag(s)?
Please tape the submission forms on the outside of the bags.
Do we need to use non-scented soap for washing our items?
It is recommended but not required to use non-scented soap.
How do I send beanies and/or blankets?
Visit this page
to send your creations.
What if I don't knit or crochet?
You can buy an awesome Knit or Crochet starter kit from our shop here
and use the learning resources we include to get started making impactful creations, right away.
(These also make a great gift that keeps on giving!)
Have questions? Contact us here
Have fun and happy making!!!