Guidelines for Making Beanies (Required Yarn List)
(PDF)Knots of Love Submission Form
(PDF)Knots of Love Mailing Labels
Knots of Love for Baby Neonatal Blankets: Any soft, cozy, lightweight yarn can be used for Neonatal Blankets. Size 18″ x 24″
We recommend using any of the yarns on our Required Yarn List
for beanies when making your NICU blankets. Please remember, these blankets are laid over tiny preemie babies that often weigh as little as 1lb. We want our blankets to become a family treasure. Because after all, they are wrapping their angel 👼 in your blanket.
We do not accept PREEMIE and INFANT hats. Hospitals tell us they are inundated with them.
We will no longer accept LOOMED hats do to the inconsistency of patterns and quality.
To protect the health and well-being of our cap recipients, we have a few guidelines for people making Knots of Love cap:
• Must be new.
• Thinner, seamless, non-lumpy caps are good for sleeping and increased comfort.
• No see-through caps. (Patients don’t like to see their bald heads through the caps.)
• Yarn must be fragrance-free, smoke-free and pet hair-free.
• Must be washable.
• Must be made with yarns from our guidelines/approved yarn list.
Please use yarn from our tested yarn list when making Knots of Love caps and Neonatal Intensive Care Blankets. All our yarns have been tested by cancer patients and families of fragile tiny lives. All yarns have been deemed soft enough for the extremely sensitive and often blistered bald heads of cancer patients and Mom and Dad's who swaddle their newborns.
* Some of the yarns have been discontinued. However they can still be found on-line or in some retail stores, depending on where you live.
Please use this chart to determine what size cap you would like to make.
The height noted is the total height of the hat including the brim.
Size Circumference Height
Small 18-20 in. 6.5-7 in.
Medium 20-22 in. 7-8 in.
Large 22-24.5 in. 8-10 in.
If your caps meet the Knots of Love criteria listed at the top of this page, the shipping information and forms you need can be found here.